Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So... Shorthanded isnt my game? 1st/59 Shorthanded Tournament




Hell Yeah!

It's good to finally win something. I havent played in a few days because most of my bankroll has evaporated, and the other part was stuck between BJ bonuses I couldnt complete.

So I decided to give it a go, to this small shorthanded tournament. After all I havent played Holdem in a while, and I've been reading so much Pot Limit Omaha 8 or better... so... it was cheap.

And guess who took all the chips?

The heads-up match was exhausting. We played for almost an hour. The other guy was getting all the cards, and played as straightforward as he could. In the other hand I was keeping the pots small, playing every single hand (I only folded 32o).The match went my way for a while and I got a chip lead of 2 to 1. However then I ran card dead, and the flops were helping more to my opponent. I had him so measured though, I avoided losing money many times when hge was holding two pair, and checking the river to me.

However after 30 minutes we started to get very close, and I lost the chip lead. After some moves I recupped the lead, then after some very tough hands, I re-raised all in with a pair of fives preflop, hoping he would call and show high cards. He called, and showed Jacks. I was dead thinking I had played for almost an hour headsup to only get in this bad shape.

Then I thought... he wasnt giving any action. So, no matter how many small pots I could take from him, it was a matter of cards mostly.

I rivered a straight and it was over. Sorry.

1st place, thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Sweet! You had this victory coming.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home